Machine Learning Scientist
The Machine Learning Scientist position at Passage Global Capital Management offers a unique opportunity to explore data from financial markets and seek out inefficiencies which may be integrated into our investment and trading strategies. We are open to candidates seeking both full-time as well as internship opportunities.
We are looking for PhD, graduate, and undergraduate students in the fields of data science, computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, or related disciplines who are well-versed in using machine-learning, applied mathematics, and statistical techniques to help develop and refine models of the financial markets and to develop trading algorithms based on those models.
This person will collaborate closely with our research and investment team to clean data, engineer features, and extract signals using machine learning techniques. This person will also design and backtest various quantitative models and systematic trading strategies. Finally, this person will have the opportunity to explore and dive deeply into the intricacies of financial markets. This could be a great opportunity if you enjoy spotting patterns in the noise and solving complex problems.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
• Obtained or pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related field; Advanced degree preferred
• Strong coding skills, especially in Python (including packages such as pandas, NumPy, and scikit-learn)
• Deep understanding of statistical methods and metrics
• Experience applying machine learning techniques (e.g., random forests, neural networks, etc.) to real-world datasets
• Ability to research and explore new ideas from scientific literature
• Knowledge of time-series data
• Strong communication skills
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
This is an in-office position at our Sarasota, FL location.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.